Supplier Code of Conduct
This code sets forth a minimum requirement for all employees and of any entity providing goods or services to Spex Precision Machine Technologies.
Policy brief & purpose
Our Code of Conduct outlines our expectations regarding employee’s behavior towards their colleagues, supervisor’s and overall organization.
We promote freedom of expression and open communication. But we expect all employees to follow our code of conduct. They should avoid offending, participating in serious disputes and disrupting our workplace. We also expect them to foster a well-organized, respectful and collaborative environment.
This policy applies to all our employees regardless of employment agreement or rank.
What are the components of Employee Code of Conduct Policy?
Compliance with law
All employees must protect our company’s legality. They should comply with all environmental, safety and fair dealing laws. We expect employees to be ethical and responsible when dealing with our company’s finances, products, partnerships and public image and abide by all local, state and federal laws.
Respect in the workplace
All employees should respect their colleagues. We won’t allow any kind of discriminatory behavior, harassment or victimization.
Protection of Company Property
All employees should treat our company’s property, whether material or intangible, with respect and care.
- Shouldn’t misuse company equipment or use it frivolously.
- Should respect all kinds of incorporeal property. This includes trademarks, copyright and other property (information, reports etc.) Employees should use them only to complete their duties.
Employees should protect company facilities and other material property (e.g. company cars) from damage and vandalism, whenever possible.
All employees must show integrity and professionalism in the workplace.
- Corruption – We discourage employees from accepting gifts from clients or partners. We prohibit briberies for the benefit of any external or internal party.
- Job duties and authority – All employees should fulfill their job duties with integrity and respect toward customers, stakeholders and the community. Supervisors and managers must not abuse their authority. We expect them to delegate duties to their team members taking into account their competences and workload. Likewise, we expect team members to follow team leaders’ instructions and complete their duties with skill and in a timely manner.
We encourage mentoring throughout our company.
- Absenteeism and tardiness – Employees should follow their schedules. We expect employees to be punctual when coming to an leaving from work.
- Conflict of Interest – We expect employees to avoid any personal, financial or other interests that might hinder their capability or willingness to perform their job duties.
- Collaboration – Employees should be friendly and collaborative. They should try not to disrupt the workplace or present obstacles to their colleague’s work.
- Communication – All employees must open for communication with their colleagues, supervisors or team members.
- Benefits – We expect employees to not abuse their employment benefits. This can refer to time off, insurance, facilities subscriptions or other benefits our company offers.
- Policies – All employees should read and follow our company policies. If they have any questions, they should ask their managers or Human Resources (HR) department.
Our company may have to take disciplinary action against employees who repeatedly or intentionally fail to follow our code of conduct. Disciplinary actions will vary depending on the violation.
Possible consequences include:
- Suspension or termination for more serious offenses
We may take legal action in cases of corruption, theft, embezzlement or other unlawful behavior.